Published on: January 12, 2022
mail order Lyrica NEWS
rapaciously High court of Calcutta has imposed More curbs for Ganga Sagar mela 2022
- Religious festival celebrated on Sagardwip (Sagar Island) in the West Bengal state of India.
- Second biggest fair in India after Kumbha Mela of India.
- Six-day fair held in the month of January and on the day of Makar Sankranti.
- Ritual of pilgrims taking bath in holy water and visiting the nearby famous Kapil Muni Temple is performed.
- Ganga Sagar is the largest village of Sagar Island , Sunderbans, West Bengal, where the River Ganga meets the Bay of Bengal.
High court’s instructions
- Directed the state government for constituting a three-member panel containing the leader of opposition at the state assembly, chairman of West Bengal Human Rights Commission, and representative of the state. The panel will ensure compliance of Covid-19 measures in the Gangasagar Island.
- State have been asked to ensure that all persons and pilgrims at the Gangasagar Mela ground wear masks, adhere to social distancing norms and use sanitisers.
- Set up five RT-PCR testing facilities along with some rapid antigen testing centres, at all entry points, including Howrah and Sealdah railway stations.