Published on: October 16, 2021
GLOBAL HUNGER INDEX
Nandurbar By : Irish aid agency Concern Worldwide and German organisation Welt Hunger Hilfe
http://clindatainsight.com/category/cdisc/ What it says :
- Of the 116 countries ranked , eighteen countries, including China, Brazil and Kuwait, share the top rank with a GHI score of less than five
- India with a score of 27.5 is facing a level of hunger that is serious and has ranked behind Pakistan (92nd rank), Bangladesh (76th rank), and Nepal (76th rank)
- Estimated that the 47 countries in the world will be unable to achieve even low hunger by 2030
- The GHI score on the global basis has fallen 4.7 points that is 25.1 to 20.4 points between 2006 and 2012. However, it has fallen just 2.5 points since 2012.
- Somalia has the highest level of hunger. With a score of 50.8 points, Somalia is facing extremely alarming levels of hunger.
- The other 5 countries with alarming levels of hunger are Yemen, Madagascar, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Chad, and the Central African Republic.