Published on: November 8, 2023
Why in news? The Inclusive Sustainable Horticulture Centre launched in Bengaluru
- Launch : Association of People with Disability (APD), with the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Karnataka, and Robert Bosch.
- It is designed to provide sustainable livelihood opportunities for intellectual disabilities, women and children (rescued from abuse) , abandonment, forced labour, and other such circumstances.
- The beneficiaries with physical disabilities or mild mental disabilities will be trained in this horticulture program for six months, and placed them as gardeners and garden supervisors at various organisations.
- It seeks to help people with physical and mental health issues through gardening and plant nursery activities called “horticulture therapy.”
- Programme aims to address environmental concerns by introducing a wet waste management solution that utilises kitchen waste generation.