Published on: January 15, 2022
INDIAN ARMY DAY
Lyrica tablets buy online PM extends best wishes to Indian Army personnel on Army Day
- Date – 15th January in India
- Why – Commemorate the jawans and the Indian Army.
- On 15th January 1949, Field Marshal Kodandera M. Cariappa, who was then a Lieutenant General, took over as the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Army from General Sir Francis Butcher, the last British person to hold that post.
- M. Cariappa adopted the slogan ‘Jai Hind’ which means ‘Victory of India’.
- Parade is organised every year at the Cariappa Parade Ground of Delhi Cantonment.
- Founded almost 126 years ago by the British on 1st April, 1895.
- According to the Global Fire Power Index 2021, India’s army is considered the world’s fourth strongest army.