INFORMATION SOCIETY (WSIS) FORUM PRIZES 2022
The government of Meghalaya’s Planning Department’s initiative of the “e-Proposal System”- Meghalaya Enterprise Architecture (MeghEA) Project, has won the UN Award – World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) Forum Prizes 2022
- Spread across 6 pillars i.e. Governance, Human Resources, Entrepreneurship, Primary Sector, Infrastructure and Environment, and envision to make Meghalaya a high income state by 2030.
- Envisioned to make Meghalaya a high income state by 2030.
- MeghEA is conceived to support the following digital government goals:
- A planned state government transformation initiative which demands efficient coordination between strategies, policies, processes, services and organizational capacity
- Coordinate all ICT initiatives under one umbrella to get a better holistic perspective
- Implement and ICT enable state government process reengineering to provide multi-channel service delivery
- Ensure that state government applications and systems provide end-users with information they need
- Craft an ecosystem for the digital economy to boost shared prosperity, by leveraging ICT for employment and growth.
INDIA ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE (INDEA)
- It is a framework that enables the development and implementation of Enterprise Architectures independently and in parallel by all governments and their agencies across India, conforming to the same models and standards.
- It was notified as an e-Governance standard by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) in October 2018.
- The primary purpose of IndEA is to help state governments, ministries and departments in the governments at various levels to adopt a structured approach for developing their enterprise architecture.