Published on: February 7, 2023
generic 1mg Aurogra online Why in news? http://childpsychiatryassociates.com/?p=1877 In a major milestone, the naval variant of the indigenous light combat aircraft (LCA) landed on the first indigenous aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant.
- This is also the maiden landing of a fixed-wing aircraft on the carrier.
- The LCA’s feat was followed by the landing and take-off by a twin-engine MiG-29K fighter jet.
- It demonstrates India’s capability to design, develop, construct and operate IAC with indigenous fighter aircraft.
About INS Vikrant
- INS Vikrant is an aircraft carrier constructed by the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL) at Kerala for the Indian Navy.
- It is named Vikrant as a tribute to India’s first aircraft carrier, INS Vikrant (1961), that played crucial role in the 1971 war
- It is the first aircraft carrier built in India and built completely using domestically produced steel
- Top speed of around 28 knots (more than 50 kmph)
- Ship borne weapons include Barak LR SAM and AK-630 , while it has MSFTAR and RAN-40 , 3D radars as sensor .
- The vessel has shakti EW ( Electronic Warfare) Suite
What it can carry?
- It can carry an air group of up to thirty-six aircraft, including 26 fixed-wing combat aircraft, and a mix of Dhruv MK-III, Sikorsky MH-60R and Kamov Ka-31 helicopters ,including both fighter jets and helicopters.