Le Port NEWS
how to order clomid and metformin Interpol elected official from the United Arab Emirates, Maj. Gen. Ahmed Naser al-Raisi as its new president during the international law enforcement body’s annual General Assembly held in Istanbul.
- Full Form – International Criminal Police Organisation
- 194-member intergovernmental organisation.
- Headquarters – Lyon, France.
- Formed in 1923 ( calling itself Interpol in 1956 )
- India joined the organisation in 1949, and is one of its oldest members.
- Declared global policing goals include countering terrorism, promoting border integrity worldwide, protection of vulnerable communities, providing a secure cyberspace for people and businesses, curbing illicit markets, supporting environment security, and promoting global integrity.
- Interpol General Assembly
- Supreme governing body
- Comprises representatives from all its member countries.
- Meets annually for a session lasting approximately four days, to vote on activities and policy.
- Each country is represented by one or more delegates at the Assembly, who are typically chiefs of law enforcement agencies.
- The Assembly also elects the members of the Interpol Executive Committee, the governing body which “provides guidance and direction in between sessions of the Assembly”
- Assembly Resolutions
- The General Assembly’s decisions take the form of Resolutions.
- Each member country has one vote.
- Decisions are made either by a simple or a two-thirds majority, depending on the subject matter.
ALSO IN NEWS : CBI special director Praveen Sinha elected to Interpol committee