Published on: November 12, 2022
http://ifcus.org/2012/11/26/update-on-tison/ Why in news?
Jiuquan The birth anniversary of the famous poet shri kanakadasa celebrated as kanakadasa Jayanthi by the government of Karnataka .
- He was a Haridasa saint and philosopher, popularly called Daasashreshta Kanakadasa.
- He was a renowned composer of Carnatic music, poet, reformer and musician.
- Known for his keertanas and ugabhoga, and his compositions in the Kannada language for Carnatic music. Like other Haridasas, he used simple Kannada and native metrical forms for his compositions.
- Philosophy : Dvaita Vedanta, Vaishnavism
- Guru : Vyasatirtha
- Born : Baada, Shiggaon, Vijayanagara Empire (present-day Haveri District, Karnataka, India)
- In 2008, Government of Karnataka decided to commemorate his birthday as a state festival and declared 11 November a state holiday.
- As a child, he became an expert in tarka, vyakaran, and mimamsa.
- Poems : “Narasimha Stotra”, “Ramadhyana Mantra”, and “Mohanatarangini”
- Ramadhanyacharithre (a rare work on class struggle)