KARNATAKA ELECTRIC BIKE TAXI SCHEME-2021
http://hkbookkeeping.com/4087/1573965.html What is in news : Karnataka Chief Minister unveiled the ‘Karnataka Electric Bike Taxi scheme-2021’ recently
legal to buy provigil online Objectives :
- Reduce the travel time
- Creating self-employment
- Also boost eco-friendly environment, fuel conservation, strengthen public transport and encourage establishment of related industries
- Enhancing ease of living
What is in the scheme
- Operators can provide the service for a distance of 10 km, and charge a flat fare in two slabs, first up to 5 km and the second from five to ten kilometres. Pillion riders or passengers shall be offered the most direct and shortest route. The distance of the journey travelled by the hirer shall be measured on the basis of an odometer fitted on the bike. The fare shall be collected on the basis of distance and not on the basis of journey time
- Operators must provide helmets to the pillion rider booking the service and the rider must wear a jacket with reflective colour marked as ‘electric bike taxi’. Riders must have valid DLs and the service provider must check the antecedents of riders.
- Minors below the age of 15 will not be allowed to use e-bike taxi service. The pillion rider can carry only a normal size backpack or handheld briefcase of reasonable weight while riding.
- The scheme has also made it mandatory to carry a first-aid box in the vehicles.
NOTE: The approval of the State transport authority is required for private players to operate more than 100 e-bikes.
Other details :
- The vehicles registered under this scheme will be in the transport category for which the government has given several exemptions like permit, tax.
- Financial benefits will be given for the electric vehicles manufacturers