Published on: November 4, 2023
Karnataka Suvarna Stambha
Why in news? Chief Minister Siddaramaiah unveiled Karnataka suvarna stambha at Gadag
- CM flagged off Karnataka Sambhrama- 50, the year-long celebration of renaming the State as Karnataka, after visiting the Virupaksha Temple in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hampi
About Karnataka Suvarna Stambha
- It is a 31-foot monolithic pillar which will celebrate the silver jubilee of renaming of the State as Karnataka has been installed in Gadag city
- Initiative is aimed at celebrating the historic moment of 1973, when to mark the renaming of the State as ‘Karnataka’
Importance of statue
- Monolithic structure will document important details of the historic event when the new nomenclature came into existence in 1973.
- It will have few important details related to the unification movement, renaming and also details of ‘Karnataka Sambhrama-50’ being celebrated now
- It is installed at Bhoomaraddi Circle in Gadag has been named as ‘Karnataka Suvarna Stambha’.