Published on: November 14, 2023
KNOWLEDGE, HEALTHCARE, INNOVATION AND RESEARCH (KHIR) CITY
NEWS – Karnataka government to set up Knowledge, Healthcare, Innovation and Research (KHIR) City near Bengaluru
ALL YOU HAVE TO KNOW
- What it is: Investment area to facilitate foreign funds in various sectors of Knowledge, Healthcare, Innovation and Research
- The proposed City is being developed to attract investments from global and national hospitals, research institutions, universities, private companies, etc.
- State government aims to attract Rs 40,000 crore investment and generate 80,000 jobs
- These investments are expected to contribute Rs 1 lakh crore to the state GDP
- The investment region will be spread over 2,000 acres, within 60 km of Bengaluru, and will be developed in a phased manner
- City will help strengthen Bengaluru’s position as a hub of medical tourism, providing employment to local people, and also help in attracting skill-sets from across the globe.
- Bengaluru has the largest skilled talent pool in India and is best suited for developing the KHIR City
- It will be the first such centre of knowledge, which will have innovators from healthcare, knowledge and global research centres coming together in one place