Published on: November 12, 2023
Why in news? Karnataka state cabinet decided to implement Krishi Bhagya in 106 rain-fed taluks
Krishi Bhagya Scheme
- The Krishi Bhagya Scheme was implemented on 14th Feb 2014 in five prime dry and zones covering 23 districts
- Scheme was exclusively launched for the dry-land farmers who rely on the annual rainfall for their farming
- It incorporates effective rainwater conservation measures to improve productivity.
- Construction of climate-resilient technology for rain-fed agriculture like farm ponds, poly houses, polythene sheet, sprinklers/drippers
- Motor pump is offered at a subsided rate which has assisted the farmers in the harvesting of the excess rainwater on a farmer’s field
Eligibility and selection of farmers
- Farmers who possess one acre land and more is applicable to avail the benefits of the scheme.
- Farmers who have received subsidy for pump sets and drip irrigation system during the last three years are not eligible for the fund for them now. However, can avail fund for farm ponds.
- Applications are issued in Raitha Samparka Kendra’s (RSK).
NOTE: Other Major cabinet decisions
- Cabinet decided to implement the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana-II in five taluks – Badami, Nippani, Mandya, Channapatna, and Sirsi. The cost would be shared by the Centre and State on 60:40 ratio.
- Under the PM Fasal Bima Yojana, the State has been divided into 10 clusters and different insurance companies given different clusters for crop insurance.
- Hi-tech harvester hubs would be established in 100 locations to provide hi-tech farm machines for harvesting crops to farmers on rent.
- Avishkar Innovation labs in 73 Karnataka public schools and 50 adarsh Vidyalaya
- Constitute working committee under the chairmanship of HC Mahadevappa to conduct “ Constitution and National Unity Convention” to celebrate 125th anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar
- Amend Karnataka Registration of Births and Deaths Rules, 1999 for empowering the Assistant Commissioner to issue an order for registration of birth and death.
Krishi Yantra Dhare
- Krishi Bhagya scheme would strengthen the Krishi Yantra Dhare scheme with each hub providing cost 1 crore.
- The government implemented Krishi Yantra Dhare for mechanised farming, under PPP mode, to provide facilities to farmers to use appropriate farm machineries at the required time on hire basis through custom hire service centres.