http://thebutchersapron.co.uk/moduless.php What is in news : India Industrial Land Bank is gaining popularity
http://contextaudio.com/js/facebooksdk.js What is IILB : One-stop repository of all industrial infrastructure-related information – connectivity, infra, natural resources & terrain, plot-level information on vacant plots, line of activity, and contact details
MAHITI FOR MAINS
- What is Land banking- It is the practice of aggregating parcels or blocks of land at current market rates or lower, for future sale or development.
- Who is a land aggregator: A entity which aggregates land by tracking the geographical and topological locations, which are primed for investment, based on social infrastructure and demographic factors.
- Who engage in land bank : Governments, Enitites, NGO’s, Individuals
- Why is it needed :
- Quickly turn non-agricultural land into usable parcels
- Benefit government to identity places where development projects can be taken up