Mini Textile Parks
http://spidercreative.co.uk/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron=1623850899.0597209930419921875000 Why in news? Chief minister of Karnataka pitched to establish mini textile parks in 25 taluks that have more number of weavers
- The proposed mini textile parks will help weavers right from processing cotton to manufacturing readymade garments.
- Steps are being taken by government to partner with e-commerce firms such as Amazon and Flipkart
Why there is a need for Mini Textile Park ?
- With introduction of cutting-edge technology, the parks can provide an opportunity on creating an integrated textiles including spinning, weaving, processing and printing at a single location.
- Initiative will address some of the concern areas like relatively small sizes of these parks and lack of complete end-to-end value chain integration.
- It helps in providing the employment to under tier-2 and tier 3 cities and also strengthening their standard of living with socio economic development
- Majorly act as production cluster that enhances the export activites
- It will reduce logistics costs and improve competitiveness of state textiles.
About Nekar Samman Scheme
- Launched during Covid pandemic 2020
- Aim: Relief scheme to provide financial support to the weaver engaged in the handloom and textile industry whose livelihood was adversely affected by the pandemic.
- The assistance is provided only to the weavers registered in the Seva Sindhu portal of the state
- Financial assistance:5000 transferred to their registered bank accounts through DBT mode
- Implementation Agency : Department of Handlooms and Textiles
- Eligibility : The beneficiary must be a resident of Karnataka and must have a valid resident certificate.