Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao Yojana
Why in news? To empower the youth, the Government of Madhya Pradesh has unveiled the Mukhyamantri Seekho-Kamao Yojana with an aim to provide young individuals with the opportunity to learn and master their desired professions while earning a steady income each month.
- The scheme will give youth a chance to learn their desired field of work with new posibilities and will also get money every month.
- The state government’s aim is to not keep the youngsters only be limited to the job but also give employment to others.
About the scheme:
- The youth of Madhya Pradesh between the age of 18 to 29 years will be able to participate.
- The youth including 12th, ITI (Industrial Training Institute) pass and highly educated youth will also be able to benefit from this scheme.
- Under the scheme, young individuals who have completed the 5th to 12th grade will receive a monthly stipend of Rs 8000. Those who have completed an ITI course and Dilpomas holders will receive Rs 8500 and Rs 9000 per month respectively. While graduates or individuals with higher education qualifications will receive a stipend of Rs 10,000 per month.
- Through this scheme: skills will be imparted in engineering, electronics, mechanical, civil, management and marketing sectors, service sector hotel management, tourism and travel hospital, railways, IT and software development sector, industry-oriented training etc.
- The scheme also includes providing skills training in areas that are suitable for blue-collar jobs and gig economy opportunities after the training is completed.
- Every month, 75 per cent of the fixed stipend will be paid by the state government to the student-trainee’s bank account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- Additionally, institutions will be required to deposit 25 per cent of the minimum stipend amount directly into the bank account of the student-trainee. However, institutions have the freedom to provide a stipend higher than the prescribed amount if they want to do so.