http://acorncentre.co.uk/93d3cuYWNvcm5jZW50cmUuY28udWs11d9eacb Close on the heels of Durga Puja being accorded the UNESCO intangible cultural heritage tag, Karnataka is set to initiate the process to secure a similar status for Mysuru Dasara.
ABOUT MYSURU DASARA
- “Nadahabha” or the state festival of the state of Karnataka
- Celebration of the festival is steered by the Royal Family of Mysore.
- Celebrated for 10 days and concludes with Vijayadashami.
- World famous Jamboo Savari (Mysore Dasara procession)is held on the street of Mysore city on Vijayadashami
- The idol of the Goddess chamundeshwari, which is placed on a golden mantapa on the top of a decorated elephant.