National Health Authority
Why in news? National Health Authority (NHA) introduces new system to measure and grade performance of hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY scheme
- The new initiative will introduce the concept of ‘value- based care’, where payment will be outcome based and providers will be rewarded according to the quality of the treatment delivered.
- Objective: To incentivize and encourage healthcare providers to focus on delivering patient centric services
- It helps to increase in the overall health gains and is expected to be a win-win for all concerned stakeholders from patients to healthcare providers, payers and suppliers.
Under value-based care, performance will be measured based on five indicators as:
- Beneficiary Satisfaction
- Hospital Readmission Rate
- The extent of Out-of-Pocket Expenditure
- Confirmed Grievances
- Improvement in-patient’s Health-Related Quality of Life.
In this way, the hospital performance shall not only determine the financial incentive but also create a demand for quality treatment under PMJAY.
About National Health Authority
- Parent Ministry: Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
- Implementing agency of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) at national level
- Current CEO: Ram Sevak Sharma
- In the States, SHAs or State Health Agencies in the form of a society/trust with full operational autonomy over the implementation of this scheme including extending the coverage to non SECC beneficiaries
- In the collaboration, Google will provide digital training to staff and partners, while the organization will seek to increase public access to data.
- The Board comprises Chairperson and 11 members
- Chairperson : Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare
- Headed by a full-time Chief Executive Officer (CEO) supported by Deputy CEO and Executive Directors.
- CEO of the NHA functions as the Member Secretary of the Governing Board