Pangong Tso Lake
Puerto del Carmen Why in news?
http://platosattache.com/pgxhtogrzm-4-20275-escorte_hedmark_norsk_porno/ The Army has deployed new landing docks and speedboats for patrolling on the Pangong Tso in eastern Ladakh, matching the Chinese deployments on the lake for border management
- Deployment is the overall capability enhancement and infrastructure development taken up by India since the 2020 stand-off
- It is to plug deficiencies and catch up with the Chinese build-up along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
About Pangong Tso lake ?
- Nature: Endorheic lake
- Location : Eastern Ladakh and West Tibet
- It is divided into five sublakes, called Pangong Tso, Tso Nyak, Rum Tso (twin lakes) and Nyak Tso.
- Controlling countries: 50% in Tibet in China, 40% in Ladakh, India and the remaining 10% is disputed and is a de-facto buffer zone between India and China.
- During winter the lake freezes completely, despite being saline water.
- River: Indus
- The brackish water of the lake has very low micro-vegetation
- On the Indian side, an Inner Line Permit is required to visit the lake as it lies on the Sino-Indian Line of Actual Control