Published on: November 16, 2023
PM PARTICULARLY VULNERABLE TRIBAL GROUPS DEVELOPMENT MISSION
NEWS – Union government launches PM-PVTG mission for most backward of the Scheduled Tribes
ALL YOU HAVE TO KNOW
Who are Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups?
- More vulnerable group among tribal groups in India
- Have primitive traits, geographical isolation, low literacy, zero to negative population growth rate and backwardness
- Largely dependent upon hunting for food and a pre-agriculture level of technology
What is the mission?
- This the first such scheme for PVTG in India
- Announced during Union Budget 2023
- Basic facilities such as road and telecom connectivity, electricity, safe housing, Clean drinking water and sanitation, improved access to education, health and nutrition and sustainable livelihood opportunities will be provided to PVTG habitations
- Benefit 75 PVTGs in 18 States & UTs living in 22,544 villages (220 districts) having a population of around 28 lakhs
- Implemented through the convergence of 11 interventions of nine ministries for instance, under PMGSY, PMGAY, Jal Jeevan Mission etc., with some scheme norms to be relaxed to cover these remote habitations