Published on: March 1, 2022
A recent study conducted by CSTEP has revealed highest PM2.5 in South zone, Rajarajeshwarinagar in Bengaluru
where can i buy prednisone over the counter WHAT IS IN THS STUDY
- Across Bengaluru Urban and Rural districts, the annual mean PM2.5 ranged between 35 and 55 μg/m3
- Rajarajeshwari Nagar and South zone recorded the highest PM2.5
- CSTEP used satellite-based products to study the spatial patterns, hotspot areas, and rural–urban contrasts in PM2.5 in the Delhi-NCR, Kanpur, and Bengaluru regions
- The study was done for 2019.
- 5 in Delhi-NCR and Kanpur region was found to be three times higher than that of the Bengaluru region
- 5 hotspots were identified over a lesser spatial extent in the Bengaluru region compared to that of Delhi-NCR and Kanpur regions.
- 5 hotspots were also identified in Greater and Rural Bengaluru regions. These coincided with stone-crushing units and open biomass burning areas
WHAT IS PM2.5
- Tiny pollutant suspended in the air
- Size of less than or equal to 2.5 microns
- Causes several adverse effects to human health and climate
- Major environmental issue in the Indian sub-continent