Published on: December 16, 2021
PRADHAN MANTRI KRISHI SINCHAYEE YOJANA (PMKSY)
Târgu Jiu The Cabinet has given its approval to extend Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana for another five years till 2026
- Initiated in 2015
- Enhance physical access of water on farm and expand cultivable area under assured irrigation
- Improve on-farm water use efficiency
- Introduce sustainable water conservation practices, etc.
- Umbrella scheme consisting of
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP)
- Har Khet Ko Pani (HKKP)
- Sub-components of HKKP
- Command Area Development (CAD),
- Surface Minor Irrigation (SMI),
- Repair, Renovation and Restoration (RRR) of Water Bodies, and
- Ground Water (GW) Development component.4
- Per Drop More Crop (PDMC) component is being implemented by Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- Watershed Development component (WDC) of PMKSY is being implemented by Department of Land Resources, Ministry of Rural Development.
- Vision – To ensure access to irrigation to all agricultural farms in country, to produce ‘per drop more crop’.
- Original Tenure: 5 years from 2015-16 to 2019-20.
- Amalgamated 3 ongoing schemes viz.
- Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Programme (AIBP) of Ministry of Water Resources;
- Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) of Department of Land Resources (Ministry of Rural Development)
- On Farm Water Management (OFWM) component of NMSA of Dept of Agriculture and Cooperation (Ministry of AFW)