Published on: May 2, 2022
PRADHAN MANTRI UJJWALA YOJANA
- To empower women and protect their health.
- To minimize health issues arising from the use of unclean fossil fuel and other fuel while cooking.
- To control indoor pollution from the use of fossil fuel which causes respiratory issues.
- To prevent degradation of the purity of the environment that is compromised by widespread usage of unclean cooking fuel.
- Five crore LPG connections to families below the poverty line.
- Financial support of Rs 1600 is provided by the scheme for each LPG connection for BPL households. This subsidy is meant for the security fee for the cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose, and other fitting charges.
- Administrative cost of this support is borne by the Government.
- Under the scheme, oil marketing companies also provide interest-free loans for refilling and purchasing stoves.
- The benefits of this scheme are also available for the people of all Hilly States including the NE States (who are treated as ‘Priority States’).