Published on: July 15, 2021
What is in news : Prime Minister inaugurated various development projects in Varanasi which includes Tourist Facilitation Centre and operation of Cruise Boat from Assi Ghat to RajGhat under the Project “Development of River Cruise in Varanasi under PRASHAD Scheme”.
- Full form : The ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD)
- Central Sector Scheme
- Fully financed by the Government of India
- Launched : 2014-15
- By : Ministry of Tourism
- Objective : Integrated development of identified pilgrimage and heritage destinations.
- The project “Development of Varanasi Under PRASHAD Scheme – Phase II” was approved by the Ministry of Tourism in Feb. 2018. The components viz. ‘Panchkoshi Path’, ‘Pilgrim Facilitation Center’, ‘Rameshwar’, ‘Road Development’ and ‘Signages’ have been successfully completed and dedicated to the nation.
- The project “Development of River Cruise in Varanasi under PRASHAD Scheme” has the following components viz. ‘Passenger Cum Cruise Vehicle’, ‘Modular Jetty’, ‘Audio Visual Interventions’, and ‘CCTV Surveillane’ have been successfully completed and dedicated to the nation.