Published on: January 4, 2022
RANI VELU NACHIYAR
buy Ivermectin 6 mg The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Rani Velu Nachiyar on her birth anniversary.
- Known by Tamils as Veeramangai
- First queen to fight against the British colonial power in India.
- Born on January 3, 1730, in Ramanathapuram, Tamil Nadu, India,
- Princess of Ramanathapuram , of the Ramnad kingdom.
- Was trained in war match weapons usage, martial arts like Valari, Silambam (fighting using the stick), horse riding and archery.
- Was a scholar in many languages and she had proficiency with languages like French, English and Urdu.
- Married the king of Sivagangai named Muthuvaduganathaperiya Udaiyathevar, with whom she had a daughter.
- When her husband was killed by British soldiers, she was drawn into battle.
- She escaped with her daughter and waged war against the British in an alliance with Hyder Ali.
- War against the British
- In collaboration with Hyder Ali and Gopala Nayaker, she waged a war against the British and emerged victoriously
- She granted powers to the Marudu brothers to administer the country in 1780.
- Died on 25 December 1796.