Published on: January 27, 2023
Republic Day Parade
Republic Day Parade
Lurasidone online Why in news? Seroquel online no prescription Nation celebrated 74th Republic day and witness zeal, enthusiasm, patriotic fervour and ‘Jan Bhagidari’, as envisioned by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The drive for atmanirbharta or self-sufficiency in India’s military strength and the key role of women in the armed forces(Nari Shakti) were in the spotlight
- “Nari shakti” and women empowerment dominated the theme of tableaux of Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Tripura
- Karnataka’s tableau celebrated the power of nari shakti through Sulagitti Narasamma, a midwife, Tulsi Gowda Halakki, known as Vruksha Maate (mother of trees), and Salumarada Thimmakka (Thimmakka of row of trees)
Many first in this parade
- The R-Day celebration held at Kartavya Path, formerly known as Kingsway, a ceremonial boulevard that runs from Rashtrapati Bhavan on Raisina Hill and India Gate.
- For the first time in India’s independent history, the iconic 21-Guns Salute to the President during the parade will use 105 mm Indian Field Guns replacing the British-made 25-Pounder guns makes push for its Make in India initiative.
- Women officers rode motorcycles as ‘daredevils’ at R-Day parade by Dimple Bhati from the Corps of Signals
- For the first time ever, the marching contingent consists of three women and six Agniveers of Indian Navy
- The BSF’s women contingent atop camels featured for the first time in Republic Day parade was wearing military regalia designed by popular fashion designer Raghavendra Rathore.
- Indian Navy’s IL-38 aircraft was displayed for ‘first time and last time
- Kartavya Path for the first time had combined Band & Marching contingent of the Egyptian Armed Forces, led by Colonel Mahmoud Mohamed Abdel Fattah El Kharasawy.
- This year invites was common people from all walks of the society such as Shramyogis involved in construction of Central Vista, Kartvya Path, New Parliament Building, milk, vegetable vendors, and street vendors etc.
- The biggest Drone Show in India, comprising of 3,500 indigenous drones, lighted up the evening sky over the Raisina hills, weaving myriad forms of national figures/events through smooth synchronisation.
- For the first time, a 3-D anamorphic projection will be organised during Beating Retreat Ceremony 2023
- The newly-recruited Agniveers were also part of the parade for the first time.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau also showcased a tableau for the first time on Nasha Mukt Bharat
- In a display of women’s empowerment, the marching contingents of the Indian Air Force and the Indian Navy were led by women officers for the first time.
- The Central Reserve Police Force also presented an all-woman marching contingent in the parade, led by Assistant Commandant Poonam Gupta, while the Delhi Police had an all-women pipe band comprising 35 women constables.
- The Army showcased more Made-in-India equipment, including its main battle tank, Arjun, the NAG missile system, the K-9 Vajra-T gun system, the Akash air defence system, and the BrahMos missile