Published on: March 13, 2023
Ílion Why in news? buy disulfiram over counter According to ISRO, Rudraprayag and Tehri districts in Uttarakhand have the highest landslide density and landslide risk exposure in the country.
- The two hilly districts of the Himalayan state figure at the top of a table published as part of the Landslide Atlas of India by Hyderabad-based National Remote Sensing Centre on the basis of satellite data inputs provided by the Indian Space Research Organisation.
- The famous Kedarnath temple is located in Rudraprayag.
- It was the epicentre of a massive natural disaster that killed thousands in June 2013.
- The report says all 13 districts of Uttarakhand are among the 147 most landslide-affected districts in the country.
- It is located in the state of Uttarkhand
- Rudraprayag is one of the Panch Prayag (five confluences) of Alaknanda River, the point of confluence of rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini.
- It lies on national highway NH58 that connects Delhi with Badrinath and Mana Pass in Uttarakhand near the Indo-Tibet border.