Published on: July 20, 2021
Goiânia What is in news : Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways undertook third party evaluation of the schemes / funded projects which included the pillar of Coastal Community Development projects under Saagarmala scheme.
Quetiapine About SAAGARMALA
- Implemented by : Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
- Aim : Develop a string of ports around India’s coast
- Objective : Port-led development along India’s 7500 km long coastline
- Implementation :
- State governments would set up State Sagarmala committees, headed by the chief minister or the minister in charge of ports
- At the central level, a Sagarmala Development Company (SDC) will be setup to provide equity support to assist various special purpose vehicles (SPVs) setup for various projects.
- Pillars of development :
- Appropriate policy and institutional interventions and providing for an institutional framework for ensuring inter-agency and ministries/departments/states’ collaboration for integrated development.
- Port Infrastructure Enhancement, including modernization and setting up of new ports.
- Efficient Evacuation to and from hinterland.