Published on: September 4, 2021
What is in news : Jammu and Kashmir Lieutenant Governor launched the Rural Enterprises Acceleration Programme called ‘Saath’ for Self Help Group (SHG) women
- Will help about 48000 SHGs in which about four lakh women are connected, in Jammu and Kashmir
- Focus on mentoring and market linkages of products
- Create 11000 more SHGs in upcoming years
- Launched with the aim of transforming the lives of rural women associated with SHGs
- Also aims to accelerate livelihoods of rural women who are engaged in small works. Small works are those where they do not earn much profit and there is lack of knowledge about marketing, packaging and branding.
- Launched in line with the Umeed scheme that enabled women to start their own business.