Published on: January 18, 2023
foolishly Why in news? Forest department and NABARD to give skill-development training to Tharu people near Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
- Eco-development committees (EDCs)’ have been constituted in 47 villages, that will be given financial assistance as per their requirements.
- Katarniaghat division states a plan is in the works for the financial inclusion of the Tharu groups that live near the Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary are much affected by human-wildlife conflicts.
About Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary
- Location : Upper Gangetic plain of Uttar Pradesh
- It was brought under the purview of the ‘Project Tiger’,
- Together with the Kishanpur Wildlife Sanctuary and the Dudhwa National Park it forms the Dudhwa Tiger Reserve.
- Vegetation : Fragile Terai ecosystem comprises a mosaic of sal and teak forests
- Fauna : Rare red coral kukri snake was sighted in the sanctuary.
- Provides strategic connectivity between tiger habitats of Dudhwa and Kishanpur in India and the Bardia National Park in Nepal.