Published on: June 2, 2022
SNIPPETS – 02 June 2022
- buy modafinil in the us Ananth Technologies which designs and produces systems for Indian aerospace has set up a 15,000 square metre spacecraft manufacturing unit at KIADB Aerospace Park, Bengaluru, said to be the country’s first such facility in the private sector. The manufacturing unit would be able to conduct assembly, integration and testing of four large spacecraft simultaneously
- The airport authorities have deployed 10 robot assistants called ‘ Quetiapine capsule Temi’ on a pilot basis to assist passengers at the terminal-I of the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA) in Bengaluru. The robots will assist commuters in finding their boarding gate, shopping areas, baggage claim area, drinking water facilities and wash rooms, among others.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the headquarters of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) at Bopal in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, on June 10. IN-SPACe, approved by the Union Cabinet in June 2020, will be the nodal agency that will allow space activities and use of Department of Space-owned facilities by non-government private entities and ensure greater private participation in the sector.
- The phase II project of the coastal surveillance system developed by the public-sector undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) will be operational along India’s coastline by 2023 with the installation of 38 radar stations and four mobile stations.
- the Mysuru Division of South Western Railway will extend the concept of ‘’One Station One Product’’ to 67 railway stations across Mysuru, Chamarajanagar, Hassan, Mangaluru, Madikeri, Tumakuru, Shivamogga, Chikmagaluru, Chitradurga, Davangere and Haveri districts coming under its jurisdiction.
- The Har Ghar Dastak campaign 2.0 commenced across the country to ensure complete Covid-19 vaccination of all eligible beneficiaries, with special focus on inoculation of those in the 12-14 age group and precaution dose for those above 60.
- The Supreme Court directed that every protected forest, national park and wildlife sanctuary across the country should have a mandatory eco-sensitive zone (ESZ) of a minimum one km starting from their demarcated boundaries.
- The West Bengal government has bagged the SKOCH award for ‘ease of doing businesses
- The Indian Navy decommissioned its two ships, INS Akshay and INS Nishank, after 32 years of service including participation in Operation Talwar and Operation Parakram.
- Three days after restarting two cross-border trains stopped amid Covid-19 pandemic, therefore India and Bangladesh jointly flagged off a new passenger train – Mitali Express.
- Researchers have discovered what is now believed to be the largest plant in the world: an ancient specimen of an incredibly resilient sea grass that stretches across 180km and is estimated to be at least 4,500 years old. The single plant of Posidonia australis was discovered in the shallow waters of the World Heritage Area of Shark Bay in Western Australia.