Published on: November 5, 2022
Snippets: 05 November 2022
- Nagaland is undertaking the first avian documentation exercise going beyond the Amur falcons, the migratory raptor that put the State on the world birding map
- Praggnanandhaa and Nandhidhaa the became the Asian chess champion
- Racing Promotions Pvt. Ltd announced the debut of the Indian Racing League. The league will be held in Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Nanoparticles, derived from the synthesis of the extracts of Cordyceps militaris and gold salts, could make drug delivery in the human body faster and surer. Cordyceps militaris super mushroomfor its tremendous medicinal properties, adds bioactive components to the synthesis of gold nanoparticles for better penetration
- Monetary Policy Committee is responsible for fixing the benchmark interest rate in India. Its meetings are held at least four times a year (specifically, at least once a quarter). Comprises six members three officials of the RBI and three by the government of India. Chairperson is governor of the Reserve Bank o
- Purchasing Managers’ Index(PMI) is an index of the prevailing direction of economic trends in the manufacturing and service sectors. It consists of a diffusion index that summarizes whether market conditions, as viewed by purchasing managers, are expanding, staying the same, or contracting. The PMI is based on a monthly survey of supply chain managers across 19 industries, covering both upstream and downstream activity
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has asked the States/ Union Territories to appoint a Child Welfare Police Officer (CWPO) in every police station to exclusively deal with children, either as victims or perpetrators.
- Ministry of Education released the Performance Grading Index (PGI) for States/UTs for 2020-21.Categories are further divided into 5 domains: Learning Outcomes , Access , Infrastructure& Facilities , Equity & Governance Process. Gujarat, Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh are the new entrants to highest achieved level of any State
- Tanzania’s army has deployed hundreds of troops to help firefighters who have been battling a blaze on Africa’s highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro Almost eight million people in South Sudan, or two thirds of the population in the country, are at risk of hunger, the United Nations warned in a report . One of the world’s poorest nations, South Sudan has spent more than half of its life as a nation of civil war