Published on: January 1, 2022
SNIPPETS – 1 JANUARY 2022
- India’s Balance of Payments (BoP) position moved to a deficit of $9.6 billion in the quarter ended September (Q2), as widening trade deficit weighed. Balance of Payments is Record the transactions in goods, services, and assets between residents of a country with the rest of the world for a specified time period typically a year.
- GST Council’s 46th meeting was held recently. It is a constitutional body for making recommendations to the Union and State Government on issues related to Goods and Service Tax formed under Article 279-A
- Defence Minister inaugurated 27 projects built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) recently. It is in south Ladakh connecting Chisumle and Demchok, passes through a pass known as Umling La (height of over 19,000 feet)
- POWERGRID celebrated anniversary of One Nation-One Grid-One Frequency on 31. It is the Administrator of Transmission of Power
- India steamroll Sri Lanka by 9 wickets for eighth U-19 Asia Cup title
- Director General VS Pathania, took over as the 24th Chief of Indian Coast Guard
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) announced the opening of Urban Geospatial Data Stories Challenge to foster adoption of geospatial technologies & to promote innovation in India’s urban ecosystem. The challenge has been organized with select Smart Cities that will be publishing high quality GIS datasets.
- Officials of the Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) have said that international clients are on its roster for the export of L-Band 3D Air Surveillance Radar RAWL-03 manufactured by the defence public sector undertaking. RAWL-03 antenna is compact and can be accommodated on wheeled vehicles and ships.