Published on: February 10, 2022
SNIPPETS – 10 FEBRUARY 2022
- The 11-day tiger census was conducted at Male Mahadeshwara Wildlife Sanctuary located in Chamarajanagar district of Karnataka. It is tiger estimation exercise conducted by National Tiger Conservation Authority once in 4 years
- According to Karnataka education ministry , ‘Nanna Shale Nanna Koduge’ app to be launched soon. It is a Scheme for school adoption by Department of Primary and Secondary Education to address infrastructure needs of government schools, shortage of teachers, optimal use of learning aids and utilisation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
- Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS) has carried out coastal vulnerability assessment for entire Indian coast at States level to bring out an Atlas comprising 156 maps on 1:1,00,000 scales to prepare a Coastal Vulnerability Index (CVI).
- Scientists from the Zoological Survey of India (ZSI) have found a new mammal species in the country — the White Cheeked Macaque at Arunachal Pradesh
- Recently, A team at the Joint European Torus (JET) facility near Oxford in central England generated 59 megajoules of sustained energy during an experiment in December, more than doubling a 1997 record. Nuclear Fusion is a process where two or more atomic nuclei fuse to form a single heavier nucleus releasing huge amount of energy
- Elon Musk’s Starlink has lost dozens of satellites that were caught in a geomagnetic storm a day after they were launched. GEOMAGNETIC STORMS are magnetic plasma ejected at great speed from the solar surface
- Recently, Andhra Pradesh government banned a 100-year-old play named ‘Chintamani Padya Natakam’ due to various reasons
- The President of India paid floral tributes to Dr Zakir Hussain, former President of India, on his birth anniversary
- New Delhi and Colombo are discussing a proposal for the supply of two Dornier aircraft for the Sri Lankan military. The Dornier is a twin-engine multi-purpose aircraft, used by the Indian Navy and Coast Guard for maritime surveillance. It is manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd under licence from Swiss company RUAG, and is a showpiece of the government’s “Make In India” programme.