Published on: November 10, 2021
SNIPPETS – 10 NOVEMBER 2021
- A recent Study has said Climate change to impact vegetation in 7 Karnataka districts. It is conducted by – The Karnataka state action plan on climate change which has noticed 38 per cent of forest area in the state would be hit by climate change by the 2030s. Districts affected include Bijapur, Raichur, Koppal, Bellary, Chitradurga, Kodagu and Hassan
- A project called ‘Waste solutions for a circular economy in India’, funded by the EU and the German Federal Ministry of the Environment and Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU), will provide the BBMP technical and financial support in setting up compost facilities and bio-methanation plants.
- Political party Janata Dal is all set to start ‘Janata Jaladhare’ soon, which is expected to raise awareness among people about the rivers in the state and the water utility.
- SC collegium recommends transfer of Madras HC Chief Justice to Meghalaya HC. It is done in accordance with Article 222. President transfers on recommendation of SC collegium
- National legal services day is celebrated every year on November 9, by all Legal Services Authorities to commemorate the enactment of the Legal Services Authorities Act 1987
- A layer of froth was seen floating over parts of the Yamuna river near Kalindi Kunj on the eve of Chhath pooja. It is due to untreated Phosphate filled untreated sewage
- Eminent academician and psychologist Koneru Ramakrishna Rao recently passed away. He served as the Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University and Chancellor of GITAM deemed-to-be university
- The fourth submarine of the Project – 75, VELA was delivered to the Indian Navy today recently. Under Project 75 Six new-generation conventional diesel-electric submarines will be constructed