Published on: November 13, 2021
SNIPPETS – 13 NOVEMBER 2021
- Bengaluru Solid Waste Management Limited (BSWML) has been set up as a government-owned company to execute solid waste management (SWM) projects on behalf of BBMP based on an executive order and without any statutory basis which is essential.
- Chief Minister of Karnataka announced two committees for the revival of road transport corporations (RTC) and power utilities (Escoms). Retired IAS officer M R Srinivas Murthy will head a committee that will look at financial and improvements for RTCs. Similarly, retired IAS officer K Jayaraj will lead the effort for Escoms to make them self-reliant in terms of revenues
- Prime Minister launched two customer-centric initiatives of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) — the RBI Retail Direct Scheme and the Integrated Ombudsman Scheme.
- The 2022 edition of the Conference of Parties, or the 27th COP, will take place at Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt and the 28th edition in 2023 will be held in the UAE, the Council decided even as a final agreement
- Shakti 2021, the sixth edition of the biennial training exercise, will be conducted from between India & France
- A Hindu man from Kanyakumari district in Tamil Nadu, DEVASAHAYAM PILLAI who converted to Christianity in the 18th century, is set to become the first Indian layman to be declared a saint by the Vatican on May 15, 2022.
- The 32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted from 12 – 14 November 2021.
- World Pneumonia Day is observed on November 12 annually
- Professor Bimal Patel has been elected to the International Law Commission for a five-year term starting January 1, 2023 in a hard-fought election at the United Nations.