Published on: July 15, 2022
SNIPPETS – 15 JULY 2022
- The Bharat Gaurav train connecting important pilgrimage centres in the north with Karnataka will be launched by the end of August. Approval has been given for the launch of the Bharath Gaurav train and Karnataka will be the first State in the country to launch the train.
- Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai unveiled the logo of the purchase dapoxetine first-ever Bengaluru Design Festival scheduled to be held from November 11 and launched the festival campaign. The festival will open up a lot of opportunities for all the stakeholders and put Bengaluru at the forefront as a design destination, be it learning, applying, activities or developing creative solutions.
- Veerendra Heggade of Dharmasthala launches Vanashri afforestation scheme in the Mysuru city The Vanashri programme iniatiated by the Mysuru Urban Development Authority (MUDA) to plant 25,000 saplings in the city during the year and shore up the green cover was launched.
- The Union Ministry of Mines has awarded both the mining leases of the Sandur Manganese & Iron Ores Limited (SMIORE) with the five-star Rating for the year 2020-21. The SMIORE has consistently been receiving the 5 Star rating for its Mining Leases without a break ever since the Sustainable Development Framework (SDF) was introduced by the Union Ministry of Mines in 2014-15.
- Foundation for the South India’s first IFFCO nano urea (liquid) manufacturing will be laid at Naganayakanahalli near Devanahalli
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired a meeting of the Northern Zonal Council in Jaipur, where security, road, transport, industries, water, power and other issues of common interests was discussed
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has put in place a mechanism to facilitate international trade in rupees (INR), with immediate effect. However, banks acting as authorised dealers for such transactions would have to take prior approval from the regulator to facilitate this.
- The Tamil Nadu State Agricultural Marketing Board and the Chettikulam Small Onion Farmers’ Producer Association, Perambalur, have filed an application seeking Geographical Indications (GI) tag for the Chettikulam small onion.
- India ranks 135 among a total of 146 countries in the Global Gender Gap Index 2022 and is the worst performer in the world in the “health and survival” sub-index where it is ranked 146.
- According to the report, India’s population stands at 1.412 billion in 2022, compared to China’s 1.426 billion The World Population Prospects 2022 by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division, said that the global population is projected to reach eight billion on November 15, 2022.
- The latest news in the field of dark matter is a dark matter detector experiment named LUX-ZEPLIN (LZ) in South Dakota in the U.S.
- Indian soldiers patrolling on the Line of Actual Control (LAC), when they come face to face with Chinese soldiers, will soon be able to understand Mandarin and reply back instantly, with the help of a 600gm Artificial Intelligence-based device developed by an Indian start-up.