Published on: October 15, 2021
SNIPPETS – 15 OCTOBER 2021
- Experts feel that peak load management of power in summer months may be affected if the Karnataka State continues to draw hydel power in excess for some more time.
- Prime Minister Gati Shakti National Master Plan has been launched recently. This will bring together 16 Ministries and seven core infrastructure sectors, on a single platform in order to synergise project planning across stakeholder ministries for avoiding duplication, plug gaps and expedite clearances at the right time.
- Birth Anniversary of APJ Abdul Kalam celebrated
- Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India, addressed the Ministerial session of the Green Grids Initiative-One Sun One World One Grid Northwest Europe Cooperative Event.
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting launched MyParkings app for region of Delhi. It is created by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) with South Delhi Municipal Corporation with the purpose to digitize all authorized parking under SDMC municipal limits.
- In order to extend the facility for booking community halls of Cantonment Boards online without any physical application, a ‘Community Hall Booking module’ has now been made live on the eChhawani portal for greater ease of living for Cantonment residents.
- Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh today jointly launched Climate Resilience Information System and Planning (CRISP-M) tool for integration of climate information in Geographic Information System (GIS) based watershed planning under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA
- The 8th Edition of annual ‘Dilli Series’ Sea Power Seminar, was conducted online recently . The theme of this year’s Webinar was ‘Maritime History of the Indian Ocean Region’.
- Riding on the back of quality content and digital first approach, Prasar Bharati’s digital platforms from southern region of India have come a long way in just over a couple of years. While DD Chandana (Karnataka) has become the first from the region to achieve 1 Million subscribers milestone on YouTube, DD Saptagiri (Andhra Pradesh) and DD Yadagiri (Telangana) are swiftly marching towards Half a Million landmark.
- As part of the ongoing Indo-US Defence Cooperation, the Joint Military Training Exercise “Ex Yudh Abhyas 2021” will be conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) from 15 to 29 October 2021.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) – a PSU under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has announced the launch of “UFill” – a digital customer experience which delivers on BPCL’s promise of ensuring that their customers have complete control over Time, Technology and Transparency as part of their fuelling experience. With UFill, the invitation to customers is to “Fast forward your fill”, leveraging the latest in digital technology which obviates the need for looking at zero or final reading and such offline manual interventions.
- World Standards Day is observed on 14 October annually