Published on: December 18, 2021
SNIPPETS – 17 DECEMBER 2021
- Karnataka, unveiled the e-sahamathi platform, a consent-driven system that authorities say will give citizens complete control on sharing their personal data with private companies. Private or public companies and nonprofits willing to use the e-sahamathi platform to access citizen data will have to pay a one-time registration fee of Rs 50,000.
- Prize money for gallantry awardees hiked fivefold in Karnataka. Prize money for Paramveer Chakra awardees that was earlier Rs 25 lakh has been increased to Rs 1.50 crore
- BBMP has drawn out a Index to highlight the roads that need repair. It is a colour-coded index based on the extent of damage and present condition.
- The Karnataka Government will soon roll out mobile app, e-Sahamathi. It is developed by the e-Governance Department of the Government with the support of the National Informatics Centre that enables citizens to share their personal data with companies and universities.
- The Sir Arthur Cotton Atreyapuram Pootharekula Manufacturers Welfare Association, which operates from East Godavari in Andhra Pradesh, has filed an application seeking geographical indication (GI) tag for the famous Atreyapuram Pootharekulu, also known as paper sweet.
- The Supreme Court on Thursday allowed Maharashtra to hold the traditional bullock cart racing event, saying there was no reason to disallow it in the state when similar sports were going on in other places across the country.
- The Jharkhand government launched the Safe and Responsible Migration Initiative (SRMI) on Thursday to enable systemic registration of migrant workers for monitoring and analysis in the source as well as the destination districts. To begin with, the government will have two help desks—which will be known as ‘labour consulates’—in Ladakh Union Territory as well as in Kerala.
- With an aim to strengthen the cyber security ecosystem in Government organizations in the country, the National e-Governance Division under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) is conducting a deep dive training program for Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs)
- To create awareness and emphasize such strategies of natural farming, the Government of Gujarat is organizing the National Conclave on Natural Farming
- Super Typhoon Rai hammers Philippines. A Typhoon is a local name for Tropical storm in the Western Pacific and the South China Sea
- IMD has predicted a cold wave in Northwest India. IMD defines a cold wave qualitatively as “a condition of air temperature which becomes fatal to the human body when exposed.”
- The centre has given “in-principle’’ approval for setting up of six nuclear power reactors at Jaitapur in Maharashtra. It is built in cooperation of France