Published on: March 17, 2022
SNIPPETS – 17 MARCH 2022
- A report of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India revealed that the BBMP roads in Bengaluru are more hazardous for users, with an average of 19-20 hazards per km, than the State and national highways.
- While hearing a criminal appeal against the Bihar Government recently, Chief Justice of India admonished a counsel for submitting a ‘sealed cover report’ to the court. It is Practice used by the Supreme Court and sometimes lower courts, of asking for or accepting information from government agencies in sealed envelopes that can only be accessed by judges
- The Supreme Court upheld the Centre’s one rank, one pension (OROP) scheme for the armed forces. It implies uniform pension to personal based on rank and length of service, irrespective of the date of retirement.
- Maharashtra has decided to withdraw from the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bhima Yojana (PMFBY) if changes to it are not carried out.It is crop insurance scheme
- World’s most advanced technology-developed Green Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Toyota Mirai was recently launched.