Published on: March 18, 2022
SNIPPETS – 18 MARCH 2022
- Country’s first Digital Water Bank ‘AQVERIUM’ launched in Bengaluru aims to provide clean drinking water & sanitation
- The Kerala High Court asked organisations associated with the film industry to take steps to constitute a joint committee to deal with cases of sexual harassment of women, in line with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act of 2013
- Parliament’s Standing Committee on Rural Development and Panchayati Raj has asked the government to roll back the system of caste-based wages, under which NREGS workers are paid based on whether they belong to a Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, or Others
- Arabian Tropicbird, one of the rarest seabirds in Kerala, has been sighted off the Kollam coast during a pelagic survey
- Government of India released India’s Arctic Policy, with the aim of enhancing the country’s cooperation with the resource-rich and rapidly transforming region
- Telangana has started documenting crop diversification trends in the form of an index for the first time in the country, following the paddy procurement row with the Centre and the state government asking farmers to opt for alternate crops.
- Information & Broadcasting Ministry asked the Broadcast Audience Research Council (BARC India) to resume “news channel ratings” with immediate effect.
- This year’s first cyclone is set to develop in the Bay of Bengal around March 21, said the India Meteorological Department. Once it intensifies into a storm, the cyclone will be called Asani, a name given by Sri Lanka.
- The government of Sikkim is set to announce the Bahini scheme in its annual Budget later this month. The Bahini scheme aims to provide secondary and senior secondary school-going girls with 100% access to free and safe sanitary pads.
- The European Union (EU) countries decided to impose the world’s first carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions tariff on imports of polluting goods.