Published on: October 18, 2022
Snippets: 18 October 2022
- http://shakunt.com/index.php?option=com_content Karnataka’s beloved ‘water sage’ Pekan Bahapal Kalmane Kamegowda passed away. In Karnataka, he was revered as the “pond man” for being the person behind more than 15 man-made ponds. He even received accolades from Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his contribution to the environment. He was awarded Padma shri
- Justice Prasanna B. Varale , who was Judge of Bombay High Court, was appointed as Chief Justice of Karnataka High Court by the President
- Justice DY Chandrachud, the new Chief Justice of India, will succeed outgoing CJI UU Lalit. He will be sworn in as India’s 50th CJI
- India to host global meet on G20 investors conference on tourism for 2023
- 12th edition of DefExpo is held at Gandhinagar
- Abdul Latif Rashid is newly elected president of Iraq
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) introduced Dhan Varsha, a non-linked, non-participating, individual, savings, single premium life insurance plan offering a combination of protection and savings.
- Boxing Federation of India Appoints Irish Great Bernard Dunne as Director of High Performance
- National Maritime Heritage Complex (NMHC) at Lothal is being developed as a one of its kind project to not only display India’s rich and diverse maritime heritage and also help Lothal to emerge as a world class international tourist destination.
- PM Narendra Modi launches Indian Edge, an e-magazine on fertilizer It will provide information on domestic and international fertilizer scenarios, including recent developments, price trends analysis, availability and consumption, and success stories of farmers, among others’
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated a two-day event titled “PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022” at Mela Ground, IARI, Pusa, New Delhi.
- NTPC, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and MPI Limited sign MoU for demonstrating Hydrogen co-firing in Auraiya Gas Power Plant. Hydrogen co-firing in gas turbines play key role in reducing CO2 emissions
- Karnataka’s ‘Grama One’ project logs one crore transactions within nine months of launch
- Astronomers have observed the brightest flash of light ever seen, from an event that occurred 2.4 billion light years from Earth and was likely triggered by the formation of a black hole the coming years
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘One Nation, One Fertiliser’ .
- Prime Minister dedicated 75 digital banking units (DBU) across 75 districts to the nation via video conferencing