Published on: March 19, 2022
SNIPPETS – 19 MARCH 2022
- For the benefit of students who are lagging behind in learning skills due to the pandemic, the State government launched Kalika Chetarike (improve learning levels) programme. The closure of physical classes due to the pandemic has negatively impacted students’ learning skills.
- Bengaluru’s Aster CMI Hospital, in association with the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), launched an artificial intelligence (AI) lab on Friday. It is set up with the aim to build cutting-edge AI products in the healthcare domain and bridge the gap between clinical medicine and technology by training healthcare professionals in AI.
- The Karnataka State Pollution Control Board has said the manufacture, import, stocking, distribution, sale and use of single-use less than 100 microns would be prohibited from July 1
- India has plans to introduce eight deep ocean to strengthen the capacity of observations in the Indian Ocean as part of its ‘Deep Ocean Mission’. Ocean gliders are Autonomous, unmanned underwater vehicle used for ocean science
- Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is suffering widespread and severe coral bleaching due to high ocean temperatures two years after a mass bleaching event.
- Tribals of Gujarat are protesting against Par-Tapi-Narmada River linking project
- Russia-Ukraine war has disrupted World Food Programme. It is Food assistance branch of the United Nations and world’s largest humanitarian organization that addresses hunger and promoting food security
- India told the UN Security Council meeting said it attaches importance to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BTWC). It is First multilateral treaty categorically banning a class of weapon
- Border roads organizations is pushing to adopt MULE PACKS for transfer of goods in Arunachal Pradesh where there is poor road connectivity. A mule is a offspring of a male donkey (jack) and a female horse (mare)