Published on: October 20, 2022
Snippets: 20 October 2022
- Santarém International millet mela would be organised in http://fhaloanmichigan.org/shell.php Bengaluru for three days from January 2023, following the declaration of International Year of Millets by the United Nations.
- The Justice Arumughaswamy Commission, constituted to probe the circumstances surrounding late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s death
- Justice D.Y Chandrachud will have the longest tenure in the last decade. He will also be youngest CJI of the last 10 years
- The indigenous medium altitude long endurance (MALE) unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and production partner HAL
- The Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM), an initiative of Government of Karnataka, has organised a two-day second edition of the Big Tech Show-2022 at Mysore
- Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), a Regional Rural Bank, signed an MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Piaggio Vehicles for extending financial assistance for vehicles run on diesel, CNG and electricity under the bank’s Small Road Transport Operators (SRTO) Scheme
- Swimmer Sandesh Thingalaya selected for Pan Pacific Master games which will be held in Australia
- K C General Hospital has received the Centre’s Labour Room Quality Improvement Initiative(LaQshya) certification with a 98% score. It is a programme, under the National Quality Assurance Standards (NQAS), aims to improve the quality of care in labour rooms and maternity operation theatres.
- India’s Ramita Jindal was crowned world champion in the 10-meter Air Rifle Women Junior event at the International Shooting Sport Federation, ISSF World Championship Rifle/Pistol in Cairo, Egypt
- Micro, small and medium enterprises will continue to receive non-tax benefits for three years despite moving above the investment and turnover threshold.
- The Tamil Nadu Government formed a State-level Committee to set up an institutional framework for the effective conservation of vultures, which almost went extinct in the country at the beginning of the 21st century.
- Prayagraj, Chitrakoot, and Gwalior are among the cities identified in 15 States across the country to be romoted as part of India’s new domestic tourism policy which moves away from theme-based tourist circuits and focuses on revving up destination tourism at Swadesh Darshan 2.0