SNIPPETS – 21 DECEMBER 2021
SNIPPETS – 21 DECEMBER 2021
• Karnataka has begun issuing BH (‘Bharat’) series of registration numbers for a select group of vehicle owners, to enable smooth transfer of government employees from one state to another. A vehicle bearing BH registration mark shall not require assignment of a new registration mark when the owner of the vehicle shifts from one State to another.
• The Karnataka Assembly on Monday passed four Bills, including one that proposes to upgrade the iconic University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering (UVCE) into an autonomous institution like an IIT. Sir M Visvesvaraya in 1917, is currently a constituent college of the Bangalore University.
• The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) has been re-accredited for five years by EQUIS. EQUIS is an institutional assessment, improvement and accreditation system for business and management schools This is the second time that IIMB has received accreditation for five years, the longest period that EQUIS offers
• Karnataka ranked among the top states for the highest disposal rates of workplace sexual harassment cases filed against government officials. Complaints were registered at the Sexual Harassment Electronic Box (SHe-Box), the online complaint system mandated under the ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
• The Central Pollution Control Board (CPPCB) data say the gap between sewage generation and treatment is the major reason behind the pollution of rivers of Karnataka. Karnataka generates 4,458 million litres per day (MLD) of sewage and has an installed treatment capacity of 2,712 MLD
• The draft paper of the Delimitation Commission has proposed seven additional Assembly seats for Jammu and Kashmir — six in Jammu division and one in Kashmir valley. For the first time, the commission proposed reserving nine seats for Scheduled Tribes (STs) on the basis of population. Seven seats are proposed for the Scheduled Caste (SC) community. Delimitation is act of redrawing boundaries of Lok Sabha and state Assembly seats to represent changes in population done as per Article 82
• Centre has decided to amend the Multi State Cooperative Societies (MSCS) Act, 2002 to plug the loopholes in the Act. Act was passed to govern cooperatives that are spread across more than one state
• A committee examining the income criteria for determining EWS is likely to submit its report to the Centre soon.It was set as per 103rd Amendment to the Constitution
• Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) issued an order suspending futures trading in paddy (non-basmati), wheat, Bengal gram (chana dal), mustard seeds and its derivatives, soyabean and its derivatives, crude palm oil and green gram (moong dal) for a year, in a move believed to stem rising prices.
• Ministry of External Affairs on Monday said Pradeep Kumar Rawat, a Mandarin-speaking career diplomat, will take over as envoy in Beijing.
• Team TVS Racing finished the season on a high winning all the four categories it had participated in the sixth and final round of the MRF MOGRIP FMSCI 2W National Rally Championship (INRC) for two wheelers at Nashik, Maharashtra
• India’s biggest drone show organised in Lucknow as part of Amrit Mahotsav series of events on First War of Independence of 1857
• India signs loan agreements with ADB for various projects. It is Regional development bank established on 19 December 1966 Headquartered in Manila, Philippines