Snippets: 23 August 2022
http://newbeginningadultcare.com/procurar-pareja-lesbica-online-en-la-citas/ Hindustan Aeronautics Limited will set up an office in Zarumilla Kuala Lumpur to tap business opportunities in Malaysia and the entire Southeast Asian region
- the Karnataka government has advanced the date of ‘ Sadbhavana Dina’ to August 18, 2022, while it was earlier observed on August 20 to coincide with former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi’s birth anniversar
- India’s elite protection force, the Special Protection Group, which guards very very important persons (VVIPs), including the Prime Minister and Central Ministers, is the latest entrant in the list of agencies trying to induct the Mudhol hounds.
- The 107th birth anniversary of former Chief Minister D. Devaraj Urs was observed
- Pink Samosa, an initiative to help women entrepreneurs with finance and mentoring, was launched in Belagavi. The first meeting pledged ₹50 lakh for entrepreneurs.The meeting focused on providing technical, financial, legal and marketing support to women working from home
- government has revived the windfall tax on Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) exports at ₹2 per litre, raised the export tax on diesel from ₹5 a litre to ₹7, and slashed the central excise levy on domestically produced crude oil to ₹13,000 per tonne as opposed to ₹17,750 levied a fortnight ago. A windfall tax is a one-off tax imposed by a government on a company. When a company benefits from something that they are not responsible for, the financial gain that ensues is called windfall profits.
- Expanding further outside India, the indigenously developed real-time payments solution the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) will foray into the United Kingdom market starting with QR code-based transactions
- On August 11, Finnish Meteorological Institute researchers published their study in the Communications Earth & Environment journal, concluding that the Arctic is heating four times faster than the rest of the planet. The warming is more concentrated in the Eurasian part of the Arctic, where the Barents Sea north of Russia and Norway is warming at an alarming rate — seven times faster than the global average.
- A group of researchers has discovered a new species of bent-toed gecko from Agasthyamalai hills in the Western Ghats. The species has been given the common name Aravind’s ground gecko after noted malacologistA. Aravind.
- Chemists in the United States and China said they had finally found a breakthrough method to degrade the polluting compounds, referred to as PFAS, using relatively low temperatures and common reagents. “Forever chemicals” used in daily items like non-stick pans have long been linked to serious health issues — a result of their toxicity and extreme resistance to being broken down as waste products.
- The manufacture of the AK-203 assault rifles by the Indo-Russian joint venture at Amethi, Uttar Pradesh is set to begin by year-end and the manufacturing equipment required for it will be dispatched from Russia shortly. As per the contract, over 6.1 lakh AK-203 assault rifles costing over ₹5,000 crore will be manufactured by a Joint Venture, Indo-Russian Rifles Private Ltd (IRRPL), at Korwa, Amethi in Uttar Pradesh
India and the Philippines have vowed to expand their ties in sectors like civil aviation, fintech, education, defence, and security. The decision was taken at the 13th India-Philippines Foreign Office Consultations and the fourth Strategic Dialogue that took place in Manila.