Published on: December 23, 2021
SNIPPETS – 23 DECEMBER 2021
- Two earthquakes of magnitude 2.9 and 3.0 were recorded in Chickballapur by the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre
- The Bangalore Electricity Supply Company Limited (BESCOM) has launched the ‘EV Mithra’ app to help residents locate electric-vehicle (EV) charging stations in the city.
- The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has accredited city-based Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous) with A++ grade. It is the second institution in the country and the first in Karnataka to have achieved the highest CGPA.
- The first batch of next-generation Armoured Engineer Reconnaissance Vehicles (AERV) was formally inducted into the Indian Army.It was Indigenously designed and developed by DRDO
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully conducted the maiden flight test of indigenously developed surface-to-surface missile ‘Pralay’, from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Island off the coast of Odisha.
- British architect-urbanist Richard Rogers designer of the iconic Pompidou Centre in Paris, passed away
- The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) unanimously passed a resolution permitting a carve-out in sanctions against the Taliban to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid to Afghanistan. It was put forward by USA