Published on: October 31, 2021
SNIPPETS – 30 OCTOBER 2021
- Puneeth Rajkumar, 46, one of the marquee names of the Kannada film industry and the youngest of the five children of matinee idol Dr. Rajkumar, passed away after suffering a cardiac arrest
- Justice Ashok Bhushan is appointed as the full-time chairperson of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT). National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) was constituted under Section 410 of the Companies Act, 2013
- The government-backed Special Window for Affordable & Mid-Income Housing (SWAMIH) Fund has announced complete exit from its investment made in CCI Rivali Park Wintergreen project in Mumbai. This Fund was been formed to complete construction of stalled, RERA-registered affordable and mid-income category housing projects which are stuck due to paucity of funds as a Category-II AIF (Alternate Investment Fund) debt fund registered with SEBI.
- The Prime Minister has recalled the rich contributions of the illustrious Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar on Thevar Jayanthi.
- Recently heads of India and Italy issues Joint Statement on Italy-India Strategic Partnership in Energy Transition.It was signed in year 2020
- In a report titled ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’ released recently, the NITI Aayog said, “The Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) launched in September 2018, and State Government extension schemes, provide comprehensive hospitalization cover to the bottom 50% of the population – around 70 crore individuals. Around 20% of the population– 25 crore individuals –are covered through social health insurance, and private voluntary health insurance. The remaining 30% of the population is devoid of health insurance; the actual uncovered population is higher due to existing coverage gaps in PMJAY and overlap between schemes.”
- An Indian Air Force (IAF) team and the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) on Friday successfully flight-tested the country’s first indigenously developed long-range bomb (LRB) from a fighter jet over Balasore in Odisha .The bomb is part of the class of weapons with a range of 50 to 150 km. The government did not share details about the weapons, but mentioned that the LRB was tested from an aerial platform.