Published on: April 7, 2022
SNIPPETS -6-7 APRIL 2022
- Amara Sullia uprising gets due recognition on its 185th anniversary. The Amara Sullia Rebellion (also called Kalyanappana Katakayi or Amara Sulya Raitha) was an armed uprising against the British government organized by the people of Arebhashe and Tulunadu that took place in 1837, twenty years before the Sepoy Mutiny of 1857
- Karnataka High court stays govt. orders making Kannada compulsory language for UG courses
- Students at a government higher primary school in southern Bengaluru showed signs of dental fluorosis during a recent screening, indicating high fluoride content in their drinking water
- Both the Houses of Parliament have been adjourned sine die. When the House is suspended without naming a day for reassembly, it is known as adjournment sine die.
- Stand-up India scheme was launched by the Indian government completed six years recently. It was launched to Promote entrepreneurship at the grass-root level of economic empowerment and job creation
- Government of India launched Mission Integrated Bio-refineries. It aims at Enhancing and accelerating clean energy solutions across the country through various Public -Private Alliances
- National Medical Commission (NMC) put out a set of three draft regulations on the registration of doctors to the National Medical Register recently
- Mascot named ‘Prakriti’ was launched by Ministry of environment with the aim of spreading awareness among the people of the country about the small changes that can contribute to a better environment for the nation’s future generations
- Scientists at Pune’s Indian Council of Medical Research – National Institute of Virology were able to detect the presence of IgG antibodies against Nipah virus infection (NiV) in 51 bats that were captured from Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Puducherry
- The government introduced The Weapons of Mass Destruction and their Delivery Systems (Prohibition of Unlawful Activities) Amendment Bill, 2022 in Lok Sabha.
- The Union Ministry of Jal Shakti has established the National Dam Safety Authority (NDSA) with a temporary composition of officials. Conceived under the Dam Safety Act, which came into force on December 30 2021, the NDSA is the regulatory body. It will implement policies and address unresolved issues between two States.
- The Temple 360 portal has been launched by the Union culture ministry. This is a unique portal through which devotees from across the country can get online darshan of temples or prominent pilgrimage sites at any time and from anywhere they feel like
- The Gangaur festival is celebrated in Rajasthan and some parts of Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, and West Bengal. It is one of Rajasthan’s most important festivals and is observed with great fervour across the state
- On 5th April National Maritime Day is celebrated across the country annually. This day has been dedicated to maritime trade’s role in the development of the country’s economy, and also the country’s strategic location as well as the role in global trade
- The International Air Connectivity Scheme (IACS) has been launched by the Ministry of Civil Aviation with the objective of enhancing air connectivity from India’s certain states with some selected international destinations so as to promote socio-economic growth
- On 6th April, the International Day of Sport for Development and Peace (IDSDP) is observed annually. This day is celebrated to highlight the importance of sports in society.
- World Health Day is celebrated every year on 7 April to commemorate the anniversary of the founding of the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1948