Published on: October 6, 2021
SNIPPETS – 6 OCTOBER 2021
- In line with the Prime Minister’s Office, Chief Minister of karnataka has launched the ‘CM Dashboard’, which will allow him to review the progress of various departments digitally. This dashboard will provide up-to-date information on various projects to the Chief Minister.
- Naamya Kapoor, competing internationally for the first time, won the women’s sports pistol gold ahead of qualification topper Manu Bhaker in the junior World Championship shooting
- National Mission on Edible Oil- Oil Palm Business Summit for North Eastern States was held at Guwahati
- The fifth edition of India – Japan Maritime Bilateral Exercise, JIMEX, between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Japan Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF), will be held in Arabian Sea from 06 to 08 October 2021. JIMEX series of exercises commenced in January 2012 with special focus on maritime security cooperation. The last edition of JIMEX was conducted in September 2020.
- Department of Ex-servicemen welfare, Ministry of Defence has integrated the Electronic Pension Payment Order (EPPO) generated by Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (PCDA) Pension, Allahabad with Digi Locker, in order to enhance ‘Ease of Living’ of Defence Pensioners. This will enable all Defence Pensioners to obtain instantly a copy of the latest copy of the PPO from Digi Locker.
- The CAG report titled ‘Performance Audit of Management of StormWater in Bengaluru Urban Area’ showed that the shrinking of water bodies and drains has led to a loss of connectivity between the water bodies and the drains.
- Union Law Ministry on Tuesday notified the transfers of 15 judges across 11 High Courts as per recommendations of Supreme Court Collegium. It is done according to Article 222.
- The National Health Authority (NHA), the apex body for implementing Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY), has revised the Health Benefit Package (HBP) Master under the scheme.
- rime Minister interacted with the beneficiaries of SVAMITVA scheme in Madhya Pradesh
- The Centre has proposed an amendment to the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980, to liberalise forest laws.
- NASA, is set to send its “Psyche Mission” to visit a giant asteroid called Psyche, which could be the frozen remains of molten core of a bygone world.
- S.-Japanese scientist Syukuro Manabe, Klaus Hasselmann of Germany, and Giorgio Parisi of Italy won the Nobel Physics Prize for climate models and the understanding of physical systems. It is being hailed as first Nobel prize for climate studies
- The 2nd edition of the Industrial Park Rating System (IPRS) Report was launched by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry