Published on: December 9, 2021
SNIPPETS – 8-9 DECEMBER 2021
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) issues advisory for the General Public on PM Kusum Scheme.The scheme under ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) aims to add solar and other renewable capacity of 25,750 MW by 2022
- The Karnataka State Legal Services Authority (KSLSA) will soon start a Legal Services Clinic in Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) to resolve grievances related to property khata and other issues by offering free legal assistance to citizens.
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) and their collaborators have identified a key role played by hydrogen sulphide (H2S) gas in suppressing the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).Increased H2S was found to have a direct effect on reducing the rate at which the virus multiplies in HIV-infected human immune cells.
- A Curtain Raiser Event for Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief exercise, PANEX-21, for the member nations of BIMSTEC countries, was held recently
- To improve leadership skills of grassroot women political leaders, the National Commission for Women (NCW) today launched a pan-India capacity building programme,‘She is a Changemaker’ for women representatives at all levels, gram panchayats to parliament members and political workers including office bearers of National/State political parties.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is entered on 2nd November, 2021 between Ministry of Rural Development and Flipkart Internet Pvt. Ltd. to allow the Self Help Groups (SHGs) producers including the artisans, weavers and craftsmen to access national markets through the Flipkart Samarth programme.
- Bhasha Sangam is a mobile app, developed in both Android and iOS platforms, to give users familiarity with common expressions of daily conversation in Scheduled Indian languages. The app aims to foster the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat by enabling people across India to learn different languages of different states of India and come closer to their culture.
- Cabinet extends PMAY-Rural plan till March 2024. It aims at providing a pucca house, with basic amenities, to all houseless householder and those households living in kutcha and dilapidated house
- The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Reserve Bank of India kept key policy rates unchanged. Policy rates include repo rate, reverse repo rate etc
- The Indian Institute of Plantation Management, Bengaluru, (IIPMB), celebrated its 29th foundation day. HQ in Bengaluru, it is an autonomous institution under Ministry of Commerce, Government of India set up in 1993 to provide professional management education in the field of plantations and associated agribusiness sector
- Two species of plants first collected by botanists more than 125 years ago from Meghalaya and the Andaman Islands are now extinct in the wild.
- The Union Cabinet approved the funding and implementation of the Ken-Betwa river interlinking project. The Project aims to transfer surplus water from the Ken river in MP to Betwa in UP
- NASA launched its new Laser Communications Relay Demonstration (LCRD) — the agency’s first-ever laser communications system — from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji on his martyrdom day.He was the 9th sikh guru
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat and his wife Madhulika Rawat have been confirmed to be among the 13 people who died in the IAF Mi-17V5 helicopter crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu
- Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan Jr has won the 56th Jnanpith Award, and Konkani novelist Damodar Mauzo has won the 57th Jnanpith Award. It is the highest literary award of India
- Sunil Arora, former Chief Election Commissioner of India has been invited to join the Board of Advisers for International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance (IDEA). It is a Intergovernmental organization that works to support and strengthen democratic institutions and processes around the world to develop sustainable, effective and legitimate democracies Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden